Many government agencies at the municipal, state and federal level develop and administer assessments.
Educational agencies must periodically develop new assessments, and must ensure that all assessments administered to students are fair, reliable, repeatable and valid. Civil service agencies must also develop assessments that are fair and bias-free to ensure that candidates selected for positions based on such assessments are indeed better qualified to perform the specified job than candidates who were cut from such selection.
Our origins were under the auspices of the New York State Department of Education, where we were originally known as Regents College. Having come from a large state agency, we understand the exacting needs of government assessment programs. Whether your department is part of an education department or civil service, or other; whether you seek the development of a new exam for placement, workforce development or credentialing, we can provide any or all of the following services:
- Development and maintenance of large scale educational or workforce skills assessments
- Project and process management
- Rater training and enhancement of interrater reliability
- Audit or review of existing examination data
- Scoring/rescoring/development of scoring processes
- Psychometric analysis including standard-setting, scaling, scale maintenance and equating
- Secure testing and material handling
- Item development and banking
- Form construction